GUIDING PRINCIPLES


I will have JESUS as the guide of my life by.
1- Accepting Him as my personal Saviour from sin, surrendering my all to Him, asking Him not only for forgiveness but for a genuine change of heart, a new nature (Ezek. 36:26; John 3:3-5).
2- Complying with the Scripture terms of pardon – thorough repentance, confession of all known sin to God, and making matters right with my fellow men so far as it is possible (Acts 3:19; 1 John 1:9; Luke 19:8).
3- Receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as my indwelling Saviour, daily and constantly surrendering myself to Him, permitting Him by His Holy Spirit to live His life in me (Col. 1:27; Gal. 2:20).
4- Accepting the Word of God, the Holy Scriptures, as my only guide, gladly choosing to follow its teachings (2 Tim. 3:16,17; John 17:17).
5- Walking with Christ each day, by the power of His grace obeying all His commandments (Rev. 14:12; Phil. 2:13).
6- Feeding the new spiritual nature by daily prayer and the study of His Word, and expressing that new nature by sharing my faith with others (Ps. 55:17; Matt. 4:4; Mark. 5:19).
7- Accepting vital Scripture truths such as the personal, literal, and imminent return of Christ (John 14:1-3; Acts 1:9-11; Rev. 1:7; 22:12); immortality trough Christ alone, bestowed at His coming (2 Tim. 1:10; 1 Cor. 15:51-55); the unconscious sleep of man in death as he awaits the resurrection (9:5,6; John 5:28,29); the final destruction of those who reject the Saviour´s appeal (Mal. 4:1-3; Rev. 20:9); and the truths that make up God´s special message for this hour, as summarized in Revelation 14:6-12.
8- Showing my love and loyalty to Christ by observing, as He has commanded, the true Sabbath, from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday – the same seventh-day Sabbath that, as Creator, He set apart for man at the close of Creation week, and the day that, as my Example, He observed during His life on earth (Gen. 2:3; Ex. 20:8-11; Luke 4:16).
9- Remembering Christ as I handle the money He gives me, returning to Him first the tithe, the tenth of my increase (Gen. 28:122; Mal. 3:8-10; matt. 23:23; see 1 Cor. 9:13,14), and then offerings as I am able, as He prospers me (Deut. 16:17; 2 Cor. 9:7).
10- Recognizing that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1Cor. 6:19,20); desiring to dedicate it a living sacrifice to Him (Rom. 12:1); endeavouring to eat and drink that will keep my body in the best condition (see Isa. 55:2); and totally abstaining from all intoxicating liquors (Prov. 23:29-32), tobacco in all its forms (see 1 Cor. 3.16,17), swine´s flesh (Isa. 66:17), and other unclean or harmful food or drink.
11- Representing Jesus in my dress, observing His rule of modesty and simplicity in attire, and refraining from the wearing of ornaments, as taught in 1 Timothy 2:9,10 and 1 Peter 3:3,4.
12- Honouring Christ in my selection of reading, conversation, and associates, being separate from the world, as He commands (2 Cor. 6:17), and refraining from all sinful practices of the world – dancing, card playing, theatre attendance, and every other questionable worldly amusement that would feed the old mature (1 John 2:15; James 1:27;4:4).
13- Attending worship service on the Sabbath whenever possible (Heb. 10:25), as well as other services of the church; giving to the Sabbath school my hearty and practical support; and endeavouring to do my part in the work of the church (Rom. 12:4-8).
14- Taking part in the beautiful ordinance of humility, instituted and commanded by the Saviour as a preparation for the communion service (John 13:12-15).
15- Accepting the Spirit of Prophecy as the promised testimony of Jesus in His church of the last days – not to take the place of the Bible, but to keep me close to the Bible (Rev. 12:17; 19:10).
16- Sealing my acceptance of the Saviour and His truth for this hour with baptism by immersion, according to His command and His example (Matt. 28:19,20; Mark 1:9-11; Rom.6:3-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment