Mercies Every Morning

Photo:Carmen Cordelia
“It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is His faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22,23).

Have you experienced God's mercy this morning? Think about it.

When my alarm went off this morning, I hit the snooze button. I thought... Just a few more minutes! But then, just then, I heard my little puppies beckoning me awake. They needed to go out! Fueled by the need not to feel guilt, I got out of the bed. I was greeted by the freshest morning air - wonderful and crisp. I breathed in the fragrance of the morning still wet from yesterday's rain. What a perfect way to meet the day!

Instead of taking my walk this morning, I felt the need to kneel down in my prayer corner and pray over the concerns of my heart. Despite my puny faith, my sometimes appalling lack of belief - HE NEVER FAILS ME. There are so many times that I do not expect my God to come through for me. I don't even expect anything. How horrible is that? And yet He is still faithful!
There is a wonderful story in the Bible of a father whose son had an evil spirit in him. The father, desperate for help, asked the disciples to see what they could do. However, they were not able to help him. So the father pleaded with Jesus, "Help him if you can!" Jesus replied, saying, "All things are possible to him who believes."

Help Me to Believe
Now right there we should say, "Wow!" I mean Jesus tells us all we need to do is believe! But unfortunately, much too often I am like the father who cried out, saying with tears, “Lord, I believe; help me to believe!" (Mark 9:24).
In other words, this man believed and yet was full of doubt. How often do you doubt the faithfulness of your Loving Savior? Do you ever feel like there is no way He would help you? Do ever feel like your problems are not God's concern or that He can't help you?
Sometimes life doesn't go the way we want or expect. Sometimes we have so much hurt and sorrow that we don't know what to do. Those are the times we most need our God. Turn to Him in your pain and sorrow, He is faithful to help you and you will learn much about HIM as well as yourself.
Psalm 119:71 says, "It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes." We learn valuable lessons trough our trials. Be thankful and praise His name! God is faithful!"

No comments:

Post a Comment